In Ohio
It gave me a lot of happiness to write the fight scene between Tammy and Faith. It has always seemed like something not within the realm of things I could do. I faked my way through the fight scene in Pivotal I, but I was really determined to give it my best here. It wasn’t anything major, of course, but I was so proud of myself when I was done! Makes me happy just thinking about it!
In L.A.
Pivotal I gave me a little grief here, too. It said something was going down in two weeks, but I didn’t want major happenings that soon into the story. I know I did it that way to have a reason for you to need to leave PG soon, so it had to be, but I wanted your time in these places to last longer!! So, getting the amulet answered that problem.
And yes Kellie, of course, St. Kendig’s was named after Carp's grandmother that passed away. Had I spent more time in the editing process, I would have gone back to your blog and used some of the exact wording you used to describe her in the part where I said "It had good, honorable, stalwart priests throughout its existence." But since I didn’t, hopefully that was a good enough tribute to her / her family.
In Cleveland
The Monarda Prophecy- Not only am I not good at coming up with original names for things, but I think it’s more fun when they mean something. You know, like bee balm...
I got a little "Joss would do this" whisper in my head as I was toward the very end of the LA part. I just knew that right after Giles said "Really. It will all be just fine. You’ll see." that I needed a "no, everything won’t be fine" scene. The Weylon / Lord Valak part did just that, and it was fun!
A Whispered Shout
14 years ago
3 comments:
Awww...sniff, sniff! Grandma would be so proud! (I think...I didn't really know her! You're killin' me with the personal refrences...(in a good way) and yes, that was TOTALLY a Joss (now a Peggy) thing to do!!
I love that you used things that Tammy and I totally get in your script. I can see that Angel would be compelled to correct the misinformation about sparkly vampires. Like a tall, dark and broody man would EVER like the idea of sparkling. Though Andrew would.
I so loved seeing Nan Kendig's name here. I knew you did that for me. Thanks!
Post a Comment