And it really should have been there all along.
A few months ago when I was occasionally thinking about where I wanted Pivotal 2 to go when I finally got around to writing it, I did want more Angel, and him mentioning something redemptiony. But I only made a mental note of it, and then I misplaced the note! As it came right down to it and I was running out of time, I guess I just focused on what needed to be there for the plot, and didn't pay so much attention to... what would you call that? Character development? Anyway, lesson learned. Thanks for helping me to find what was lost, Kellie! It was fun. You fighting with him... I hope it was a thing of beauty in your mind, 'cuz it was in mine!
Oh, and the day I wrote your part, Kellie, I made Zucchini Garden Chowder! Mmmmm. I happen to be the only one in my family that likes it, so I got to eat it for lunch every day for like a week. Makes my tummy happy just thinking about it. The only thing that would have been better would have been to have foccacia bread on the side. And maybe orange rolls for dessert. So, an extra thanks for some great recipes!
And, the Spike being poetical part. That was just too good of an idea to let pass by, Tammy! Of course he would write a poem about Hope! I wish I would have thought of that. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be to make a poem sound like it had been written by a British vampire with attitude and a tender heart masquerading as a tough guy. Really hard. So, in the end I just gave up and went with what I had. I guess you'll just have to try harder to hear Spike's voice on that part. :-)
Anyway, thanks again for being such good sports about letting me write you. You guys are a blast to write! So sad I probably won't be able to do anything like this for a while.
A Whispered Shout
14 years ago
1 comment:
Peggy--do you know how seriously stoked it makes us to read your writing about us? It's been so fun! I can be patient while you go learn new stuff to enhance your already serious skill. Your descriptiveness about subtle things really entertains me. It takes it that much closer to reality for me. "He was suddenly self conscious of what he had just shared, and quickly flipped through the notebook to find something a little lighter......." That was just such a Spike way to cover up his vulnerable feelings, I could totally see it in my mind! I also love how you use Spike-like colloquialisms like Nancy-boy and sodding talented!
I also loved the swords making music, 'cause we all know how much Kellie loves some "schwing!!" And you're right, no Angel story would be complete without some redemptioning. Angel has good reasons for being so brooding. Which makes it that more entertaining when we can laugh with/at him! Excuse me, I have to go watch puppet Angel again.....
Once again....Peggy. You. Rock.
Post a Comment