In Ohio
Pivotal Part I limited me just a bit on some things. I originally wrote that Spike would be picking Tammy up from the airport, but it wasn’t night time, and I really didn’t want to deal with that. Plus, we would get plenty of time with Spike later, and we were losing Faith real soon.
In Pivotal I, I chose Ohio for the place for Spike and Hope to be. No particular reason; it just seemed like the thing to do. Then after I gave it to you guys, I watched the ending episode of Buffy, and realized that Cleveland is where the other hell mouth is, so I had to work with it... Turns out that made it just a bit more interesting.
I chose Canton for a city for two reasons, I think. The first reason is because I really didn’t want Hope laying down in her crib at night ON the hell mouth. Something about that just isn’t right. And Canton was in a good place on the map-- a good distance away from Cleveland, but not too far. I think the other reason is that it reminds me of Firefly. :-)
In L.A.
I needed someone else to be there with them-- having just Kellie, Angel, Illyria, and Gunn didn't seem like quite enough. I thought of Willow for about a second, then decided that brought a whole element that wouldn’t fit. I thought of making up a character, then Andrew came to mind. I love Andrew! How could I pass up putting him in it?
And, him pitching matching super hero costumes just seemed like what he would be doing.
And of course I had to bring up the sparkly vampire thing. Cuz, dang!!
A Whispered Shout
14 years ago
1 comment:
So #1 Thanks for throwing in Firefly bits when possible.
#2 Blessed be Andrew--thank you for choosing him and not Willow.
#3 In my world, vampires still sparkle....hahaha!
Post a Comment