Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Pivotal Chapter 12: At Home

I couldn’t have either of you missing home or missing each other too much, or wishing you could be somewhere else. You both are enjoy-the-time-of-life-you-are-in kind of people, so I felt like I should show that. So, I did the part with Tammy bathing Hope and talking about how she was loving it there. It seemed kinda cheesy to go straight to Kellie talking about how she was loving it where she was. So, I thought it would be more interesting to have it be from someone else’s viewpoint. Someone who was an outsider, watching Kellie be an insider, showing how well she was getting along with everyone and enjoying it there. Who is a better outsider than Illyria? And it was so much fun to get in her head. It was one of my favorite parts to write.

1 comment:

kellieanne said...

You hit Illyria right on! She was one of my favs in Season 5 of Angel. I was sad at missing Fred, she was cute, but Illyria saw things so differently that it was more interesting to have her around.
There is a song at the end of Angel about home. It is played after Fred is changed into Illyria. It shows clips of the two and how Fred was happy, go lucky where ever she was and Illyria was going to have to figure out how to exist in her new "home."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Alkfe7gBE

I loved the scene you wrote and how she was trying to figure me out.