Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Writing Conference: Wednesday Night

Dear Diary,

My brain is crammed so full it hurts. It might even burst open before long. For the past three days (really? That's all it's been?), I've spent from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm critiquing 10 pages of 8 different people's manuscripts and hearing instructions and advice from my author/mentor. Then I spend the next 4 1/2 hours listening and asking questions to authors/editors/agents about how to increase my chances of getting published. By the time 5:00 rolls around, I'm very much in need of a soft, dark, quiet place. So, I come home and be a mom and wife for five hours, then read 6 more manuscripts, then edit and print my own 10 page section, and then go to bed at a time of the night morning that my body certainly doesn't agree with.

I think it might be slowly killing me.

Love,

Worn out on Wednesday

No comments: